Saturday 12 September 2009

Retainers

Just a word about my retainers, the only remnant left to remind me of the last couple of years (that, and the screws in my face that I can feel just below my eyes!).

I have some clear retainers, that sit over my teeth, a bit like dentures. Although they are infinitely more annoying - I have to take them out to eat (not essential, but the food gets stuck beneath them), and when brushing my teeth. They are supposed to be in for the rest of the time but I can get away with the occasional break (e.g. as for my friend's wedding last weekend - after all, I thought it would be most improper taking them out at the table for the dinner!). I'll be wearing them permanently for about 4 months, then just at night for about 2 months hopefully.

I'm now having to brush my teeth about 5 times a day! And the state of them first thing in the morning... Yeugh. I've always been afflicted with pretty special morning breath, but it's something else these days.

However, it's still SO much better than having my brace in. I've never grinned so much in my life!

7 comments:

funkyrhodes said...

Hey V, thanks for the pics! I'm still blown away by your transformation! I forgot about the retainer post-braces, yucky. So, does this mean you need to wear it for 6 months, and afterwards no more?

Rita said...

Funny, but I am looking forward to the retainers. I posted on your pictures, but again, congratulations!!! You look great! Good luck with your career! You are going to do great! : )

Melissa M. said...

lol @ "special morning breath" ;)

Anonymous said...

hi there

do you have any pic updates
has all your swelling gone?

Kyla Makay said...

WOW! Your blog is inspirational! :) Your bite was a little worse than mine (underbite) but we are really close. Your pics make me want to have my surgery today!!!!! I am pretty excited for the end results, but not the swollen and bruised face. Oh or the puking. Or the bleeding. ETC. Who is? haha. Thanks for making this blog. It has really helped assure me that I will make it through and I will look GREAT! :)
Love and Support Always, Makay

Bob said...

Hope you're enjoying life without a retainer all these years later. :)

Site

Bob said...

Oops, forgot the right site link

site